The Yankees might have failed yet again to complete a sweep on Sunday, but they did win another series.
The Yankees took three out of four from a Mariners team that was on their tails in the wild-card race. The Yankees keep winning series and getting closer and closer to a playoff spot, sitting 2.5 games back of that second wild-card. They are getting timely hits and despite dealing with numerous COVID cases, they are finding ways to win ball games.
To talk about the series win, reinforcements and the week ahead, we bring you a new episode of the “Pinstripe Pod” with Chris Shearn and Jeff Nelson, featuring an interview with Yankees fan and CBS Sports Radio host, Brandon Tierney.
Pinstripe Pod Opening Segment with Chris & Jeff:
- SERIES WIN: Yankees just need to continue winning series as they fight for one of the two wild-card spots. Luke Voit is back and will need some time to get his swing back. Anthony Rizzo to the COVID IL. Gallo had his first Yankee moment with the clutch home run Thursday.
- PITCHING: Luis Gil dazzles yet again. Would like to see more of him this season. Luis Severino is on his way back. Don’t see him pitching more than five innings a game when he does return. Is the bullpen going to be overtaxed down the stretch? They are being used a lot with starters not going deep.
Brandon Tierney Interview:
Co-host of “Tiki & Tierney” on CBS Sports Radio, CBS Sports Network, Yankees fan
- PLAYOFFS: Yankees have done a complete 180 the past few weeks. BT believes the Yanks make the playoffs, but don’t win the division.
- DJ LEMAHIEU: What happened to him this season?
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY/TRACY MORGAN: Happy 48th Birthday Chris Shearn! Nellie talks about sitting with Tracy Morgan at the Yankees game Friday.
Catch up on all episodes of “Pinstripe Pod,” a New York Yankees podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the whole crew on Twitter @ChrisShearnYES, @NYNellie43 and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show are released Mondays and Thursdays.